Sunday, June 15, 2008

Emily's Father's Day Tribute

When I think of my Father, I'm reminded of:
* You're so fast, you caught a wild rabbit with your bare hands(that was amazing and awesome!)
* You're so strong, you lifted four wheelers into the back of your truck with your bare hands
* You can fix anything around the house (clogged toilets, clogged vacuums, clogged sinks, and many other things we put you through)
* You're so smart, you always know all of the math answers!
* You are giving of your time
* You're always willing to help (soldering bracelets, fixing a van window, helping on house projects when you visit)
* Speaking of house projects, our Michigan house looked 100% better after you came to visit (new tile around the blank space by the oven, new flashing on the door, and the best cookie sheet pan rack I've ever had)
* You were protective of us when we were going through our dating years (something I didn't appreciate until much later, but thanks!)
* You waited up for us countless nights
* You always have a few projects up your sleeve (Lund, Wells out South, Roadster, work, and keeping up with your kids and grandkids demands)
* We all enjoy your guitar playing, and now your karaoke singing (one of my best memories was at the cabin sitting as a family listening to you play your guitar and sing)
* You'll play Rook with us, even when you'd rather go to bed or read a book instead (I can hear you now, "I'll play if you need me.")
* You've always given freely of your services to the church and your callings
* You are very generous
* You're ambitious, and always ready for a challenge (pilots license, well digging certificate, and keeping a business(or 2) going strong)
* You've always shown love and respect to our Mother
* You're willing to jump in and help with dishes, sweeping or cleaning
* You took me hunting even though you knew I'd never kill an innocent deer (I was just along for the fun ride and the snacks)
* Nick was so impressed with your anger management and self control when you sliced your finger with the lawnmower blade and all you said was "Ouch!"
* You've always been supportive, and are willing to listen (like when I have ideas to make some money by inventing or creating something, but never follow through with)
* You are a janitor, a maintenence man, a mechanic, a builder, a teacher, a business man, a pilot, a landscaper, a plumber, an electrician, and you've worn many other hats, but the thing you do very best is being a Father and Grandfather. You are so wonderful and have been there for me always. I love you so much, and am blessed and honored to have you as my Father! Emily

2 comments:

Angie said...

He even let you buy a lamb once!

Charles said...

Emily,
Thanks so much for you input to my new blog. I love it!

Dad