Sunday, June 15, 2008

My Hero

My dad is Always willing to help. He stayed up with me countless nights doing lots of homework-mostly math. It wasn’t until after I’d graduated from high school that I found out that he doesn’t actually like math. I always just knew that he loved it because he always jumped in to help me so enthusiastically.

It seems that my dad is constantly helping someone fix something. Whether it’s one of his kids with a leaky toilet or a renter with a broken AC unit, Dad always gets working on the problem as soon as he’s alerted.

I remember lying on Mom and Dad’s bed while he read me stories.

Dad always went to all of my dance recitals, band concerts, and anything else I was ever in. Sometimes I felt bad and tried to talk him out of going if I knew it was going to be boring, but he has always been so supportive.

I know my dad will always take care of me. When the family hiked up the La Verkin hill, I was the last to go down into the caves, and everybody was moving on to the rest of the hike while I lollygagged-taking pictures of spider webs and such. Dad stayed quietly sitting there to make sure I got out safely before he hiked on. It was a small thing, but it really made me feel loved.

I know my dad loves me. I knew growing up that if I ever needed him, he would be there for me. I knew he was just a phone call away. No matter how long the drive, I knew my dad would come and get me if I needed him.

I love my dad so much. There’s not much in this world that makes me feel better than to be in his arms, and there aren’t many wrongs that can’t be righted by his soft shoulder and tender voice. I often wish that I was still little enough to crawl onto his lap.

Thanks, Dad, for being the best dad possible-better than I could have ever hoped to have.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Dad was happily surprised to find his blog last night. Thanks for getting the pix and writing your entry. XOXO

Larsen's in Wyoming said...

Shella,
Dad is my hero too, I enjoyed reading your post.

I'm Stitching as fast as I can said...

Wow, I think you guys may know how lucky you are !
Love you