Sunday, June 15, 2008

If I’m being completely honest, I have to say that I fell in love with Chuck and Cheryl before I fell in love with Ryan! Granted, it was a different kind of love, but they were definitely a part of the reason I fell! Each time I was at their house, be it a holiday or simply to play games, I loved every minute of my time with the family (even when I had to pretend that I knew how to play Rook-however, for some reason I think they were very aware of the fact!).
I love the way that Chuck treats Cheryl-as though she is made of gold. It doesn’t matter the day of the week or who is watching, he always treats her as if she is the most important thing in the world. I will forever be grateful for this, because Ryan treats me the same…and I couldn’t ask for better! I know this is because he grew up watching the way his dad treated his mom.
Chuck is a truly genuine person. He tells it how it is and doesn’t worry about what others think of him. He is kind to everyone and so easily forgives others for their shortcomings. It doesn’t matter who it is, he treats everyone as if he or she is someone important to him.
As I have watched Chuck in his most recent church calling, I have seen his devotion to the people he works with. I recall an incident that happened last year that displayed his true devotion. The family was spending time at White Rocks (I believe that is where we were) and the Spanish branch had planned a Cinco de Mayo party (again, the details on this are a bit fuzzy, but I think this was the correct holiday-actually, it may have been Easter. I just remember it was an important holiday!). Because he knew the people were depending on him, Chuck stayed with the family over night and then left early the next morning to go to the party. I know the people in the Spanish branch appreciated it, and I appreciated seeing his true devotion to his calling.
Chuck is always there for his kids. He is always so willing to help them, even though it may not always be at the most convenient time. Ryan absolutely loves to spend time with his dad-and I love that they enjoy being together and have such a great relationship and so much in common . In fact, as I am writing this, they are in Lund together and I know Ryan is in heaven!
I am so lucky to be a member of the Reeve family! Happy Fathers Day Chuck!

Chani

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

You have touched my heart. Dad and I love you lots.

Charles said...

Chani,

We are so glad to have you as part of our family, and thanks for your input to my new blog. It is great!